Sunday, April 19, 2015

April 6 2015 - Easter--Christ the Lord is Risen Today!

Hello Family!


This was an interesting Easter...in many ways it seemed like a pretty average day. We watched General Conference at the Church and then we were out working the rest of the time. Somehow, it didn't really feel like Easter without ham and sour cream potatoes--Elder Eastin and I had Ramen noodles at our apartment...yum!  Overall It was a decent day, I guess all that matters is that we remembered the true meaning of Easter. 

I loved General Conference! I really loved Elders Holland, Uctdorf, Ballard, and President Monson's talks. It really encouraged me to keep going and gave me the spiritual uplift that I needed to get through the next 6 months until the next one. It's awesome to know that we have a living prophet on the earth today who leads and guides us. It brings so much comfort to know that we are being lead by a man ordained of God who receives DIRECT revelation from God and can speak on His behalf. My testimony of the living prophet was really strengthened this week as I studied and pondered the importance of a living prophet. The songs, "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing", "Praise to the man", and "We thank thee O God for a Prophet," really stuck out to me this week, and I have probably driven my companion crazy with the amount of times I have listened to them. I'm realizing, in a new way, how powerful music can be and how much the spirit is invited when songs of praise to God are sung. I'm so grateful for the resurrection of the Living God and all the blessings it brings to my life!

Goatman24 is, without a doubt, the BEST name for any game center account possible. I don't know why Noah is mad, it's a classic people...love his name!

You mentioned it's time for Youth Trek again this year...Trek was one of the worst and funniest experiences of my life.  They put me in the Gluten Free group?!?...come on!  I felt like I was doing all the work and back then I was as weak and skinny as a Noah!  Brother Boyd Roberts and I were doing all the work, the rest of them just complained about their blood sugar and the lack of Mtn. Dew.  The highlight of Trek was causing Emrey and Haley Johnson to laugh by sticking a blade of grass in Cort's ear and making him think it was a bug..those were the days! 

Spring is starting to get here over in Minnesota..it's now 46 degrees on average which I guess is a whole lot better than -10 but it's still very cold for "Spring"

Have a great week everyone! And Happy Birthday Noah..congrats on finally turning 7!!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment