Sunday, April 19, 2015

April 13 2015 - Disappointed we weren't Amish.

Hello... hello again!
So my companion and I had a pretty funny experience the other day...we were helping out at the local food bank and were walking people through the process of obtaining food.  At the end of one of our runs, we were talking with the guy whom we were helping and he asked us about who we were and what church we were from. As we told him that we were from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, he said, "I'm not sure I know that church," so we responded with, "Have you ever heard of Mormons?" He said, "Ah, I have!...you are the guys who have multiple wives, don't believe in electricity, and use a horse-drawn carriage, right?" My companion and I just looked at each other and said, "No sir, I think with some of those things you have us confused with the Amish" (except the multiple wives part, I don't think the Amish do that). He looked a little disappointed and said, "Well, thanks anyways," and walked away. We quoted that good man for the rest of the day.
Spring looks like it is here, all of the grass has finally turned green and the trees are starting to bud. All I can say is, it's about dang time!
Well, it's official I'm now apart of the Omaha Nebraska Mission as of the 26th of April.  I'm not sure where my next assignment will be, but I know that I'll be staying in that mission.  I'm not sure how it's all going to work out, but we believe that the Omaha Nebraska mission's transfers are a week behind us...so looks like I'll be out on my mission for 2 years and 7 days (I'll likely get an "extra week!").  I'm pretty sure we will find out more of what's going to happen as the transfer gets closer.
I know my E-mails are getting shorter...there isn't as much to talk about as I'd like because the work is slow right now and it's hard to think of other creative and exciting things to share. 
You asked about how often we cook our own dinners?  In this area, we make dinner probably 3-4 times a week, luckily my companion likes to cook and is pretty good at it so we don't have to eat Ramen every night.

Well of course Noah got a nice golden tan on his spring break getaway, the kid has the Nigerian tanning gene. Was he excited for his 7th birthday? Did he get a rocking horse and some new coloring books? No wait, since he's the baby, a brand new sports car? Crazy to think that he is already 7 (teasing Noah that he'll always be 7 just never gets old for me).
Well I hope you have a great week!
Love, Elder Rasmussen

No comments:

Post a Comment