Thursday, April 30, 2015

27 April 2015 - New Mission Call / "Area Trunky"

Hola!

So this week was rather exciting...we got our new mission calls (a letter from the current mission president officially announcing the change) in the mail. We are going to meet with our new mission president tomorrow. I'm pretty excited to meet him. It will be interesting though, considering I will only serve with him for 2 months before the new mission president replacing him comes in July.  Kind of cool that I will have three mission presidents.

I still don't know about the transfer cycles yet.  If the transfers are too late, I may end up coming home a transfer earlier than expected. With the transfer cycles being different in the new mission, I'll likely either get to serve for an extra transfer period, or come home one early; we will find out in the coming months.

I'm doing well out here in Marshall..my companion and I are doing well together but I'll admit I'm getting very "area trunky" -- I'm ready to move on to something new. I'll miss the people I have met here, but I hope that transfers will send me somewhere else!  While the week was rather exciting in some ways, in other ways, it was one of the longest of my mission...for some reason it just seemed to drag.

I'm looking forward to Mother's Day and being able to talk to everyone. The fact that I get to see this so called "baby" Caitlin and Bryce had is also something I'm looking forward too.  Maybe seeing him will finally help the whole thing seem more real to me.
My companion and I are going to be doing a lot of outdoor service this week which I'm pumped about.  The weather is super nice and I'm glad I'll be doing things other than knocking on doors all day.

Caitlin/Mom...regarding your "camping" at the Zion's Trail Ragnar Relay--oh my, I feel so sorry for you...a whole weekend with no internet, or T.V.  You poor souls! I can't even imagine what it must have been like!!!  Come on, you two...try 2 YEARS without!  Yeah, now it makes you want to treat me with a little more respect now doesn't it? =) haha! (face-palm) A whole weekend....pffft!


Love you all! Have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment