Sunday, September 27, 2015

21 September 2015 - 500 Since 2004

Howdy!

Everything out here in Omaha is great! Elder Ferguson and I are doing well. The weather has been absolutely beautiful; fall is just around the corner..the leaves have started changing and some trees are already dead. 

It's crazy that General Conference is just around the corner...it felt like not too long ago it was April and we were all waiting for that Conference to start. I'm excited once again to hear the words our living prophet, and the other men that have been called of God. We have been doing a lot of work with the ward members lately and have been trying to help them in every way that we can. We know that members are the most important part of missionary work and that they are the ones who are the best at finding those who are ready to be taught. We as missionaries are simply here to help the ward in their missionary work. 

The members out here are great! I'm glad that I have the opportunity to serve with them. Now that all has settled down from the E.T., my companion and I are working really hard to keep the work progressing in this area as best we can. We have been doing a lot of finding mainly through less-active members and former investigators. We found a huge book full of people that have been contacted in the past and we counted over 500 people that have been taught since 2004 (that was the earliest record we found).  Many of the people don't even live in the same house or the phone number doesn't work or has been transferred to someone else, but it always makes for an interesting conversation and a good way to share the gospel when you walk up to a door looking for someone and they haven't lived there in years.

Answers to Mumsy's Questions:

 1) Elder Ferguson is from Lancaster California, He has been out for 9 months..the first companionship I've had where I have been out longer, but that may likely be the case from now on.   I actually met him when he first came out back in January  at the Mission Home in South Dakota. He has grown a lot since then and has lost a lot of weight. If you would have asked me, I wouldn't have necessarily guessed that we would get along so well, but I think he will likely end up being one of my favorites so far.

2) As Dad predicted, I pretty much just hit the pillow and I'm gone in like 5 minutes. Some nights it still takes a little while, but  for the most part I'm asleep very quickly...unless my companion starts to make this really weird clicking sound that he does.  I don't even know how to describe it over an email, I'll have to show you an example when we chat at Christmas.  Apparently all his companions have confronted him about it, but he brought it up with me. I didn't say anything about it until he asked.

Yeah, Jacob goes home soon..I'm a little sad because it always feels like I'm behind him and Austin. I just hope that when he goes home next week, that I won't get too trunky.  Ha!  I think it will be a rough week for me honestly, but hopefully I'll get over it quickly.  I'm really excited to be able to see Jacob and Austin when I get home, I have been missing them a lot lately. 

Well, have a fantastic week.  I hear that Cort is about to get married or something like that? ;) haha. I don't know why, but most members say they can see me getting married within 8 months of coming home.  I can't see it, but whatever! 

Have a great week; love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment