Monday, October 5, 2015

28 Sept 2015 - "Ras and Fergie"

Hello Everyone!

This past week was a pretty good one for my companion and me. We were able to find a new investigator, whom we talked with about the restoration. It was a great lesson, she committed to read the Book of Mormon and Pray about it and Joseph Smith. We are planning on meeting with her this Saturday to follow up. I think It's going to be an awesome lesson. 

We have been working really hard on weeding out all the good people who have moved from the ward but are still on the directory.  We have had some great encounters and some not so great ones. We have driven probably 60 miles or so just trying to find people, but it has been really good for our companionship. It keeps us busy and we have lots of time to talk and think about what we can do to improve the area. 

I'm excited for General Conference next week where we get to hear from a living prophet of God, and his counselors.  This week is going to be an interesting week, I think. It is transfer week and a lot of the missionaries that I know are going home. I'm starting to turn into an "old missionary,” which seems really odd because it seemed like forever I was always the one who had been out the least amount of time. My trainer (Elder Johnson) and another companion I served with (Elder Eastin) both go home. It will be sad to see them go, but I'm excited for them to go home and start school or whatever it is that they are doing.

Mumsy’s Questions:
  1. No, I'm not expecting anything to happen with my companionship this transfer. I’ll probably stay here with “Fergie”…that’s what I call Elder Ferguson. I don't know how he feels about it, but I have some members also calling him that so it's kind of fun. Although you never know with transfers, so it’s always a bit exciting.  
  2. I do miss playing games actually. I don't have a ton of time to think about them but when I do it's normally kind of like, "Oh man, it would be fun to sit down and play that right now and then take a nap!…oh well.” Then I start working again.
  3. Probably watching Conference it at a member's home or the church.

Thanks for letting me know that Taylor is engaged. How exciting for him! She sounds like a good gal. I'm excited to meet all the new peeps when I get home. Speaking of which, Jacob gets home on Wednesday.  As I mentioned previously, this week will probably be a bit hard for me knowing that he is home but oh well, I'm happy for him and hope he has fun! If you see him, say hello for me! 

Well I love you all! Have a great week!


Love, Elder Rasmussen

No comments:

Post a Comment