Sunday, October 11, 2015

5 October 2015 - Fishers of Bluegill, fishers or men, four is the new five.

Greetings!

This was a rather slow week for my companion and I, but there were a lot of cool things that happened as well. On Monday for P-Day, we got to go fishing with a member, and that was a ton of fun. I caught five fish, most of them Bluegill. I tried for large mouth bass (see, bass! a shoutout to you Animal Crossing players) and catfish, but I couldn't seem to get any luck trying those. 

This week was also a little crazy with transfers going on and such. It was fun because I got to see Elder Eastin, whom I had previously served with. He stayed with my companion and I and we did a lot of catching up and reminiscing, he finished up his mission so we also got to drop him off at the mission office and to say good-bye to some other Elders that we knew from the SDRCM. Most of the elders that I know are going home; it was a little hard to say good-bye (and felt a little strange) but I'm glad that they get to go home and move forward with their lives. 

General Conference was great! I loved being able to sustain three new apostles and to hear them speak. Though the passing of the other three was sad too see, I'm grateful God has called three new men to help lead and guide his church. I sustain them with all my heart and I know that they are men called of God. My favorite talk was by Elder Renland.  To me, he seems very humble and fits the description of what an apostle is. I'm looking forward to hearing more from him. 

Last Tuesday, my companion and I met someone who, I believe, may be the most interesting man in the world. He was an older fellow with a long scraggly beard, from the deep south.  At first, or at quick glance, you would likely think he is homeless. He called us over and we began to talk to him.   He proceeded to tell us about all of his adventures and what he had been doing for most of his life (now, I'm not sure how much of his story was true) —going to different countries all over the world and seeking out as much knowledge he could about God. He also told us that he "Goes around seeking out all the fake Christ's, Enoch's, and Elijah's." He “defeats them using scriptures and other stuff.“ Anyway, he was telling us that he has found 5 people (as he held up 4 fingers) who he believes could really be those men. I thought that was rather funny and it was pretty crazy to hear all the stories that he told us. Now, he could have been just a crazy guy from the south, but even if he was, it was still an awesome experience. One of those times that I probably won't forget and a journal entry of a life time.

Mumsy’s Questions:
  1. Yup! We watched conference in the homes of three different members. 
  2. Overall yes, I’m enjoying the city more than the really small town when it comes to missionary work..although there are some things I miss about not being in a small town.

Well, it's good to hear that Jacob made it home safely! I really enjoyed the picture they sent me, I'm looking forward to the day that I can reunite with the Anderson's and share my stories with Jacob. Hey, I was wondering if you ever finished sewing those slacks? Suit season is almost here! Well, love you guys…have a great week!



Elder Rasmussen

No comments:

Post a Comment