Sunday, November 1, 2015

28 October 2015 - The Tiger Fan's Journey to Utah

Hello, hello!

This was an awesome week for my companion and me! We were able to find two new investigators to teach, we taught them about the restoration and it went really well. We committed them to read the Book Of Mormon and to pray to know if what we have taught them is true. I'm looking forward to seeing them again! 

Another cool thing happened—a member returning to church activity received the Melchizedek Priesthood and was able to come to give a blessing with us last night at the hospital.  He did an awesome job; he was a little nervous but the spirit was so strong and I know he said what the Lord wanted him to say. 

Things are really starting to pick up for us. We have been committed to teach the restoration at least 5 times a day. So far it's going alright.  It's hard to find people home early in the morning and now that it is getting dark earlier, it's harder to go tracting. But nevertheless, we continue to do what we can to serve the Lord. 

On Saturday, my companion and I (with some other Elders) helped three individuals move.  We started at 8:30 am and by the time we got done with all the moves, it was 6:30 pm.  It was a crazy long day and my body was a little tired that night, but we had a lot of fun doing it and there is nothing better than service. 

The weather is getting colder and all the Halloween stuff is up around town, it's pretty cool to see!

Mumsy’s Questions:

1) No Mom, I don't get tired of your questions..only when you ask me the same ones but even then I just laugh a little bit and reply =)

2)Transfers calls will be next Thursday, I believe, so the actual transfer will be the following Friday or Saturday. This transfer period is flying by…holy cow, time goes faster and faster everyday!

3) Ah yes..the tiger fan. I thought I would leave you all in suspense so that when you saw it, it would be even more awesome than you had pictured.  Backstory…we were helping a lady move a while back and while she was going through her things, this fan was discovered.  Of course, we had to open it and all started laughing.  Seems all of the other Elders wanted it because of how "great" it was.  The owner, in her wonderful southern accent, said, “Oh my!  Ain’t that just the most beautiful fan you have ever seen?!?”  All of us replied, "Yeah..beautiful..that's certainly how we would describe it." She then said, "Would Ya'll want it?" I said, "Well I don't want to take it from you if it has some sort of sentimental value." She said, "Oh Honey! I haven't looked at that thing in years! You go ahead and take it." I was wondering what I was going to do with it and thought  well maybe I can send it home, so when another member family showed up and offered to transport it on their trip to Utah, I gratefully took them up on their offer.

Well, I love you all tons have a great week!


Elder Erik

No comments:

Post a Comment