Sunday, September 13, 2015

7 September 2015 - Bishop Chuck....is that you?!?

Hello Everyone!

We had another great week. Elder Hansen and I found a new investigator who is rather unique. He has mixed views on religion and considers himself to be Jewish-Christian, mixed with a little Jehovah's Witness. It's kind of unusual, but we hope that he will progress well.  Another one of our investigators came to church again this last Sunday, and even bore his testimony! It was awesome! 

The BYU / Nebraska game was a pretty huge thing here; tracting was useless that day because everyone was getting ready to watch the game and didn't want to be disturbed. We actually got permission to watch the game (in a member's home) provided we earned the perk by memorizing and passing off 12 new scriptures.  I can say that it was well worth it.  The last play just about blew everyone's mind.  We watched the game in the home of some big Nebraska fans so when that happened all the missionaries went crazy and the family sat there in shock--it was pretty funny.  

We also were able to attend a fireside that the BYU football players put on. While there, I was able to see our former bishop, Chuck Anderson, from back home! It was a weird but great feeling and almost didn't didn't seem real because you never expect to see someone from home while you are out serving a mission.  It felt almost dream-like, but very cool to see him there.   It felt great to be able to talk to him and to see how the ward was doing. I'm really enjoying my time out here!

Answers for mumsy...

1) Yes, I did get a card from Uncle Jim and Aunt Jillynn...tell them thank you!
2) Do I still fold my ears over?...yes, I do, though it's actually something that I'm trying not to do anymore because I don't want my ears to be super droopy when I'm like 50. It's a hard habit to break because sometimes I do it without even noticing.


Tell Uncle Bob I hope he feels better soon, I don't like to hear that he's not feeling well.  I look forward to seeing everyone again at next year's Iron County Fair and I hope that you all had fun this year! 

Well, love you all! Have a great week.


Elder Rasmussen

No comments:

Post a Comment