Sunday, August 9, 2015

3 August 2015 - National Say Hi to a Missionary Day?

Another greet week out here in Omaha!
This week was full of great experiences, everyone seemed to be really friendly and my companion and I were able to see a lot of success. We didn't meet with as many people this week unfortunately, likely due to it being the last week of summer--everyone was finishing up their vacations. Hopefully next week will be full of more teaching again.
We had a really cool experience on Friday.  We were just walking down the road like any other day, and I don't know if it was "National Say Hi to a Missionary Day," or "National Shout Praises to the Lord Whenever You See a Missionary Day," but that happened a lot that day. Most of the people we passed honked and waved or rolled down their window and shouted "Praise the Lord!" We thought it was pretty sweet, much better than walking down the road and getting called all sorts of fun names. We then walked into a gas station and there was a man who came up to me and asked if we believed in God, and asked some other questions about the church. We invited him to come to church and he said he would love to come this upcoming Sunday. He then said "Go get yourselves a drink it's hot outside! I'll pay for it!" We accepted, because who can pass on a generous free drink on a hot day offer? We found another new investigator to teach his name is Noel. He is super awesome and prepared to hear the message; we are really pumped to be able to teach him. Things are really going well and I'm enjoying all of my time here.

People ask if I feel differently now I've passed the one year mark? I feel like I'm still new..even though when I ask a lot of the other missionaries how long they have been out, it's usually less than a year.  Funny, I still feel brand-new.

Well I hope that you all have a fantastic week! Love you all!
-Elder Rasmussen

No comments:

Post a Comment