Monday, July 27, 2015

27 July 2015 - From Near Famine to Feast!

Hello Everyone!

It has been another great week here in Omaha! My companion and I were blessed with a ton of success this week.  First off, we found 3 new investigators which is awesome!   We currently have a total of 24 people that we are teaching/working with at some level.  Now, granted not all of them are progressing or are interested at the same level, but what a blessing and a great opportunity.  We are also meeting with a good number members we don't see often (or ever) at church and lately a few more of them have started coming to church more, which is awesome! I'm very blessed to be in this area and am thrilled with the prospects of having a ton of work to do out here.

The other day my companion and I were out walking and trying to contact some people. We are running really low on our allotted number of driving miles and so we have been walking more and more. It was an extremely hot day, the temperature was 97 degrees with 80% humidity, so it "felt like" (as they say on the weather) like 110 degrees. I don't think I have ever been so hot.  We were both drenched in sweat; it was almost like we were standing in a pool of water.  Even though it was a terribly hot day, the Lord blessed us for our willingness to work,  and we found two new investigators--worth it all!


The ward here is awesome...and yes, considering it is a ward and not a branch, it is much bigger.  Like the city itself, the ward is comprised of a diverse group of people.  You know my love for Asian people, well there are two Chinese families in this ward and we've been invited to have dinner with both of them.  The mother in one family started getting after the kids in Chinese while we were at the table, and I couldn't help but crack a smile.  In fact, it was almost hard for me not to laugh--I think their language sounds so cool. I love those families already and can't wait to serve around them more.  We haven't had to cook dinner a single night since I've been here, the members have fed us every night so far. 

YES, there are TONS of trees here. See? I told you there were lots of trees out here. You laugh because, still "under the influence" after having my wisdom teeth out, I asked you on the way home if we were in Nebraska.  Perhaps, during that time I was influenced by the medication, I had a vision of where I would be serving!  ;)  Ha!  Omaha is a beautiful city. It actually reminds me a lot of Utah, but it has more hills and no mountains.


Yeah, it has been nice to have such good support from everyone back home...did the Spencer's ever get my letter? You should ask for me. 

Well I love you all.  I'm loving life and and I'm having a great time!


Love, Elder Rasmussen

No comments:

Post a Comment