Monday, July 20, 2015

20 July 2015 - Humid Cicada Paradise

Greetings!
I'm really enjoying my time here in Omaha! I'm finally starting to get the area down and it has been even better now that I'm getting to know the ward members and all of our investigators. A lot of people are out of town for their last summer vacations..apparently school starts for kids here at the beginning of August (sounds like their school district is even more of a Nazi district than the one I was in).  Ha!  I am also happy to report that Marshall is also doing really well and that the Elders there are again doing great work.  I certainly did my best, but sometimes a change with missionaries is good and a true blessing for everyone.  I hear the Elder that replaced me is one of those "get it done Elders" and accomplishes a ton of work everywhere he serves. I'm truly glad for all involved.
We taught a lot of people this week and we are hoping that we will be able to teach even more. Elder Hansen and I are getting along great. We are still working on getting all the "new companion kinks out" and learning how to best work with each other, but we are having fun while we work and that's making a big difference.  We have a lot of potential here and I'm so happy to be able to say that I look forward to serving in this area with each upcoming week. Our days are mostly full and I know that the Lord is blessing us as we continue to be obedient and to try our hardest to find those who are ready for the gospel. This past week flew by and I can tell that the upcoming weeks will be similar. Serving in a big city is a lot of fun as you never know who you are going to run into and what things are going to happen.
It has been super hot here..temperatures in the 95+ range with like 80% humidity, so it's been really hot.  Mom, you would hate it here...the temps and humidity are ridiculous and there are plenty of giant cicadas that would certainly take nest in your hair.  HAHAHA!
As far as our living arrangements go, we stay in the basement where there is a separate living room, bathroom, and bedroom. We share a kitchen, but they really love us coming up every night to eat their ice cream and cake..which I suppose is good for me =).  We are careful to never overstep our bounds or take advantage of their generosity.
Do I still find Cort "cuddly?"  Ehh....it's funny you brought that up.  I was thinking about it the other day and I would probably have to say, "No."  Though, I'm not around him so that may change when I get home ;).  While I loved teasing him about being cuddly, it seems like a weird thing to say now.  Does Noah still find him cuddly?
Well, thanks for all you do.  Love you guys so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment