Thursday, August 13, 2015

10 August 2015 - Will it Blend?

Hello everyone!

Elder Hansen and I have had another awesome week in Omaha! Last P-day we went to the zoo which was freaking great! It's the largest zoo in the U.S. (or so we've been told) and they continue to expand it. (I'll make sure to send some pictures). 

We had dinner with a member family this week and on Sunday our ward mission leader told us that one of the members said, "You know, I think this is the first time we have really enjoyed having the Elders in our home. We laughed, talked, and had a great spiritual message!" I thought that was really cool to hear and a very nice compliment. 

The people we're working with here in Omaha are progressing pretty well. We have one investigator that really opened up to us and we hope to put him on date this Friday. Unfortunately, a good number of our other investigators (as predicted) just seem to like the social interactions they have with us..."Come in and hangout" or "We'd love to talk for a bit," but don't seem as interested in the gospel.

The weather has been pretty crazy here, every other day it seems to be raining and then the next day it's super hot. I guess there was a tornado somewhere in Omaha on Saturday night but not close enough to us to be concerned about.  

Our mission president has issued a challenge to the entire mission to memorize certain scriptures. I have memorized 7 of the 12 he gave us and I bet he will continue to issue more to us as time goes on. It's a really cool feeling to be able to just pull a scripture out of nowhere during a lesson and quote it word for word. It's something that I never thought I would want to do but I hope to memorize a new scripture everyday or at least close to everyday. I'm having a lot of fun out here in Omaha and I know that there is a ton of work to be done here. 

So I must tell you guys something that is pretty funny that I have not mentioned previously.  My companion has a Blentec blender...and let me just say that it is every bit as noisy as Dad's, but seems even louder because I'm like right next to it while he blends.  It starts out slow...rum, rum, rum, rum then RUm, RUm, RUm, RUm, THEN RUMRUMRUMRUMRUMRUMRUMRUMRUMRUMRUMRUMRUM!!!! Oh my gosh, the first time I heard that I was like, "NOOOOOOOOO....I thought I got away from that for two years!" 

Well thanks for all that you guys do love you tons!

-Elder Rasmussen

No comments:

Post a Comment