Saturday, February 28, 2015

23 February 2015 - Frozen

Well..it's been a cold week here in Minnesota.

Probably the coldest weather I have ever experienced. It was down to -40 the other night with the windchill! I'm so ready for spring!  I have never really liked winter anyway, but now I'm just trying to hold on until spring gets here. I'm tired of putting on 3 coats and two pairs of gloves and multiple pairs socks…with thermals…just to walk outside.

Enough of the cold! My new companion is named Elder Eastin. He is from Arizona and is pretty cool. We have a lot of the same interests so we get along well. His mannerisms and speech make him a mix of cousins Logan and Trevor. We are pretty similar in terms of the things we want to complete while out on our missions, so it's easy to work together. We teach very well together and are already seeing success.  We have someone on date for March 22nd, and we are excited to see him be baptized..even though it’s a few weeks away.

This area has been challenging for me and I’ve been struggling—feeling like I’m in a bit of a rut.  Honestly, I wouldn't mind going somewhere else next transfer. Don't get me wrong, Marshall is a great place but it seems like things are soooo slow here.  Imagine that, me who loves “small town” and “slow.”  I don't mean to complain, but I just needed to get that out.  Whew!  Guess I’m just still trying to get the area down and wondering what I'm supposed to do while I'm here…what I'm supposed to contribute, who it is that I’m supposed to meet and help/learn from.

So after recovering from my bad bout with Burger King, four days later I got a cold so I'm now just getting over that. It's been a rough couple of weeks..but now everything is back to normal.  No more crazy transfers or exchanges so that's good. I can finally focus on the area and get back into the swing of things. 

Please let the Brandelmyer's know that I'm sorry to hear that and that I send my regards.

Glad to hear that Noah is a lady killer!  Seems like he is spending a lot of time at dances and stuff…nothing I would have ever wanted to do. I certainly would not have wanted to spend my money on all that.  Blegh!

I hope things are still going well at home. Have a good week. Love you!

-Elder Rasmussen

No comments:

Post a Comment