Sunday, February 8, 2015

2 February 2015

Greetings!
Well, another week has come and gone out in the mission field. This week was a rather slow one where missionary work is concerned unfortunately, but it was also very fun. We had a Zone Conference in Sioux Falls on Friday so that took up our entire day. It was awesome to go to and feel the Spirit as mission leaders conducted training and helped inspire us to improve our missionary work. I was able to see a lot of people that were in my MTC group and other missionaries that I served near in my previous area so it was really fun to reminisce about some of the memories of Sheridan and the MTC. I have some pictures to send, but unfortunately the computers that I have been using don't have an accessible USB port, so I haven't been able to send any.  
Yesterday was a bit of a challenge finding productive things to do. With it being the Super Bowl, we figured everyone would be watching the game so as we went door-to-door, we expected people would get mad at us for disrupting the game and their Super Bowl parties.  To our surprise, we actually met and talked with a few people who said they wouldn't mind us coming back another day. Things with our pool of people investigating the church are going well. We are hoping to put a young man on date for baptism this Thursday and another one on Saturday. Hopefully everything will work out and we will be able to see them progress.
So apparently the groundhog saw his shadow? (What a surprise, not!) Has there ever been a time where he doesn't see his shadow? I feel like there have only been two times in my life where the ground hog has predicted early spring--and I think you all know how much I love the winter! =)
Adventure for the week:  The other day we were teaching a lesson to an a guy investigating the church and all of a sudden, right as we finished the opening prayer, his roommate decides to start playing his guitar and singing along with his screamo music. It was a very interesting lesson as we pretty much shouted the whole time.  It was hard for me personally to feel the spirit with "HJSSILEIUAIWPQIWHRA!!!!!!!!!!!!" going on in the background (cause that's pretty much what screamo sounds like to me) but the guy we were teaching said he had a great experience, so I guess that's all that matters! It will be interesting teaching him if his roommate feels the need to rock out during our next lesson about the Plan of Salvation.

That's awesome that Noah did well with his swim meet. That's too bad that Calvin didn't do as well as he wanted to, I really do miss him and Chandler quite a bit. Church was always fun when the two of them where there.
So when is Caitlin's baby due again? It seems like people have baby showers just to get free stuff, but hey, whatever works. It's odd that you mentioned that you were thinking a lot about me the past week because I was thinking a lot about home. Last P-day I was pretty down, one of those days where you just think, "why am I here again?" and want to go home, but I got through it and I'm doing better now. It's important to not let things get you down for long.  Serving in Marshall is a bit harder for me than it was in Sheridan (I think because I don't feel as much of a connection to the people here yet, so I think that may be part of my struggle) but it has it's good moments too. Don't worry about me, I know that I will be able to push through it with the help of the Lord. The people here do take good care of us though, so that's good.
I don't think I NEED anything, but I wouldn't mind some letters from my siblings because I haven't had any since 2 weeks before Christmas!  (Just saying.)
Love, Elder Rasmussen

No comments:

Post a Comment