Saturday, February 7, 2015

26 January 2015

Elder Rasmussen here again...Ya know, just chillin' here in Minnesota.
So This week was an interesting one, we had one of the people we're working with fall off date for baptism.  I had only met him one other time so while it was disappointing, it wasn't as hard for me as it was my companion. My companion on the other hand had a rough time with it. He has been working with this kid for quite awhile and really wanted to see him be baptized.  I believe he will get there, I'm not sure when.
The weather here has been crazy warm in the 30's and 40's--everyone here has been saying how lucky I have been. I guess the Lord has been looking out for me cause he knows I don't like the cold. People here are walking around in shorts when it's 40 degrees outside.
I had my first real success with tracting the other day.  We were looking for potential investigators and we ran into a kid who was going to college here. He let us in and we taught him about the Book of Mormon and the restoration of the gospel. We are going to meet with him again this week and teach him about the Plan of Salvation--hopefully it will go well.
Adventure for the week:  The other day we were in a home teaching a young man (he lives with his grandparents) and in the middle of the lesson his grandma yells out,  "DID THAT CAT JUST PEE ON THE COUCH?!?" (They have like 5 cats, I think) The cat that peed just happened to be on the same armrest as my arm, of course, and so I quickly removed it. Grandma walked over (and I assumed she was going to clean it) but all she did was spray some Febreze on it and said, "I believe in Febreze!....it can get rid of any smell. I bet you didn't even notice that I had 5 cats because you couldn't smell them. (Yes, we could smell them.) Then the thought hit me, "Did she really only spray Febreze on it and walk away? Wonder what I'm sitting on?...oh well." I guess every time a cat uses the restroom in the house, all you have to do is spray Febreze on it. No need to clean it up or disinfect it if you can't smell it right? The rest of the lesson went pretty well except for the occasional random swear word that be yelled at the top of grandma's lungs.   Those lessons are always fun.
That's super crazy that Katelyn Summers is getting married. I don't feel old enough to get married; feels like i'm still 16. I can't even imagine that right now, good thing I'm on my mission so I don't have to worry about it for awhile.
Noah apparently is a stud? I guess a lot girls like a sensitive guy? Ha! That's pretty sweet; good job Noah. I'm not really jealous...that's not the type of lifestyle I wanted before my mission. I'm pretty happy with my high school experience (except my senior year).  Ok, perhaps I'm a little jealous because he can get near girls and give them a hug and stuff. Ain't none of that happening out here with me, but ehh, I'll get there one day.
As far as missing things....seeing the opening credits of Downton Abbey, but I'll reunite with it one day. Hope you all have a great week!
-Elder Rasmussen

No comments:

Post a Comment