Monday, March 2, 2015

2 March 2015 - Lunch with Trunch

Hello guys!

Last week was rough but things are better this week!  It’s still cold here, but it's getting to the point where it should start warming up…hopefully. 

We spent a lot of time driving all week last week—going from town to town working to contact those we don’t see often at church and people who were formerly investigating the church. My companion and I are planning on going out to each town in our area at least once a month if not more. It’s a lot of driving, I'll tell ya! 

My companion and I are doing well together and are working as hard as we can. I'm having fun here in Marshall.  If there is one thing I have learned on my mission, it is that although you may be doing the same thing every day, no two days are alike.   I’ve discovered I love meeting new people and I am learning to appreciate how different we can all be. 

The other day, my companion and I were driving and we saw a giant green dinosaur.  Out here in Minnesota, you never quite know what you are going to see along the side of the road. 

I'm finally over the food poisoning and the cold I had so we can focus our efforts on bringing others to Christ. We have a person on date to be baptized at the end of the month and should have another good soul on date soon.

My companion and I were cleaning our apartment  and decided to include getting one of our windows back into the track.  A previous companionship of missionaries decided to open the window and somehow, the glass came out of the track.  They never put it back in because it appeared the only way to get it back in was to do so from the outside. Well, my companion and I found a way to do it from the inside…it took an hour to get it , but we finally got it in and now there isn't a wicked draft coming through our apartment AND the window doesn't shake when it’s super windy. Silly Elders!

We were at Subway the other day and the lady working the sandwich line looked identical to Ms. Trunchbull from “Mathilda.” I kind of just stood there and stared for a few seconds because she was the spitting image of the Trunchbull, so I got a weird look from her until I finally came to my senses and told her what kind of sandwich I wanted. We also have a guy in our ward that looks like that crazy guy, Inspector Dreyfus, from "The Pink Panther Strikes Again.” You know, the short one that fires the laser at the building?  It was awesome to finally make that connection because for weeks it was driving me crazy why he looked so familiar.

Love you guys a ton!


Elder Rasmussen


No comments:

Post a Comment