Thursday, December 25, 2014

22 December 2014

Hello, Hello Again!
So this week was pretty sweet! I mentioned last time that one of our investigators was trying to quit smoking. So far she is doing very well and has only had two cigarettes in the past few days! She is doing really well, and has even mentioned she wants to move up her baptismal date.  It is truly awesome to see how the Gospel works in peoples lives.
So about the tiara picture, I was not pleased to pose in that picture but I did it anyway. It was going to happen sooner or later. I will have to tell you guys the story of how I got my nickname and all that jazz when I call home for Christmas.
Something really awesome happened with the "He is the Gift" initiative that the church has released. We have seen a ton of success, and more interest in the church since the video was released. The Bishop in our ward invited a co-worker over and we shared a Christmas message with her and the family. After sharing that message, we felt prompted to teach her the about the Restoration. It was such a cool experience she really felt the spirit. She committed to read the Book of Mormon and come to church next Sunday. We will be teaching her this Friday and we are super excited to meet with her again. So for any of you who have not seen the "He is the Gift" video, you should go to Christmas.mormon.org and check it out!
Sheridan is now full of people who have come to visit for the Holiday season.  While at Walmart today, we had a bunch of church members stop and talk to us about where they were from and why they were here visiting for Christmas. One of them actually invited us to go to lunch with them (and their friends) as we walked in the door. We gladly accepted! (Cort was right, it's one of the best feelings in the world as a missionary when someone offers to pay for your lunch.) Their friends are an Amish family which they bring into town so they can get groceries and stuff. They were super nice and each had a great sense of humor. I felt sorry for them because a lot of the people in the restaurant were giving them weird looks and saying things about them. I felt compassion for them because I know what it is like to have people just stare at you like you are some type of alien because you are dressed up in a suit and have a name tag on.
I'm super happy that I'm out here on my mission!
So yeah, to answer a few of your questions...I too was worried about my package because you said it was going to be there on Thursday and it wasn't, so I thought someone had taken it or something. But as it turns out, they came to deliver it on Sunday (I thought there was no post on Sunday?!?..Harry Potter's Uncle Vernon lied to us!) and I wasn't there to get it, so they took it back to the post office. I picked it up today and I now have it so, THANK YOU!
I talked to the members whose house we are going to for Christmas..I WILL BE CALLING AROUND 11 so be ready! Make sure to tell Austin, I will tell him as well so hopefully he will be able to come. I guess I will keep this e-mail short so we have more to talk about on Christmas!
-Elder Rasmussen

No comments:

Post a Comment