Tuesday, December 2, 2014

1 December 2014

Hello!
 I'm glad to hear that Thanksgiving was good! My Thanksgiving was pretty fun.  We went over to the Gilbert's house--they had 7 of their 10 children there, most of whom also have kids so the house was packed, but it made me feel like I was back home in Parowan for Thanksgiving. The food was really good...she makes a mean turkey dinner and we ate with gold plated forks, spoons, and knifes, so that was pretty cool. They also have these way cool goblets, complete with their family crest and name. I felt like a king dining in a royal hall, even though we were in a small house..it was a good day. Everyone loved my turkey tie!
My new companion is way sweet! He looks a lot like "Uncle Bill Sutherland" to me for some reason; I'll send you a picture of him and perhaps you'll see why. He is from Riverside California...which sounds like is about an hour away from the beach, mountains, Disneyland, lakes, and much more.  Sounds like a great place to live.
I'm really happy I get to stay in Sheridan for Christmas.  We've been invited over for Christmas dinner by a family who is also graciously allowing us to Skype at their house! I'm super excited to go over there.  Their son, Josh, has super nice computers so we should have a pretty good connection while Skyping. I'm excited to talk to ya'll!  I would like Austin to be there if that's alright with you guys? I told Cort to pass the info on to him, I have no idea what time I'll be calling or anything, I suppose we will figure that out as that time gets closer.
Noah better not get too comfy, cause when I get home...oh boy am I gonna have a good time. I'm going through scaring withdrawls...my companions haven't reacted nearly as good as Noah does. So I'm really excited to get to scare him some more! =)
That iPad dream seems to be sticking with me...it all seemed so real, I was pretty upset with Noah.  Who drops a brand new iPad in sand right before his brother is getting shipped back to his mission?!? I haven't heard anything about the missionaries in our mission getting iPads yet, I guess we could get them anytime from this month to next July when we get a new mission president. 
I'll keep an eye out for the package; I have been thinking about some possible Christmas gifts. One that came to mind was a USB so that I can safely have a second storage device for my pictures and such. I feel like I've previously asked you for something else as well, but I can't think of what it is at the moment so I'll keep thinking. I'm not sure about the Christmas packages, I'll talk to the family who is having us over and get back to you on that. 
Q's:
1) It's pretty cool to be a district leader's companion; it's all I have known so I don't know what it would be like to not be one, but it's pretty cool I guess.  You certainly get to see how leadership in the mission works.
2) Yeah, our car is fixed..no more only walking in the snow! =)
3) I may possibly need another bag/suitcase. I could probably squeeze everything together--cause I'm a guy and know how to pack everything into what I'm given, but I suppose another bag wouldn't hurt. The only thing I'm worried about is paying to get it home when I'm done out here. Not that that is anywhere near but..money, money, money.  Just trying to be frugal, dontcha know?
Ah yes, the Amazing Race! I love that show.  When we go over to people's houses and they have their T.V.s on, it's hard not to listen/look at it when it's talking about a cool new movie or video game coming out. I mean, it's a lot easier now than it was at the beginning of my mission, but still getting used to that.
Glad to hear that everyone is doing well! I love you guys thanks for all you do!
Love,
-Elder Rasmussen (Eri-Eri-ERIK)

No comments:

Post a Comment