Sunday, August 3, 2014

28 July 2014



That's awesome that Noah got a job!  Everything is going well, today was my first official P-day, we pretty much just cleaned and played basketball. Our apartment was a huge mess from the last missionaries who stayed in it, and we had to buy a lot of stuff for the apartment. 

Anyway, things are great right now. My companion and I had our first baptism. It came as a huge suprise because this man had been investigating the church for 20 years and on my first visit, he said "Hey I wanna get baptized tomorrow." So that's what we did.  He's been on an amazing journey and overcome quite a few addictions to get to this point, and so it was awesome!
 
I still have a few hard moments (mainly in the morning--usually over it in the afternoon) but I'm doing a lot better than I thought I would and I know I'm being blessed. We are also teaching a guy who will probably become one of my favorite people.  He is currently in Rehab and is doing awesome! He has overcome sooo many addictions and it's so great to see him want to come back to church and clean his  life up. I have a lot of respect for him and feel in a small way, I know a little of what he is going through. 

Thanks for the pictures they were awesome and it's good to see that Jacob is doing well!

EEJR

No comments:

Post a Comment