Thursday, July 24, 2014

24 July 2014


It's great to hear from you guys! I'm so grateful for all the prayers and support that I have been receiving; I know that the Lord is helping me more than I can imagine. My first day in the Mission Home was amazing! President Anderson and his wife are incredible. They made me feel like I was back home with all of the home cooked meals and love that they provided; it really helped me to transition into the mission field. 

My first area is Sheridan Wyoming (the last place that I wanted to serve in my mission). I have become extremely humbled by everything that has happened.  The Lord doesn't care where you do or don't want to go, he will send you where he needs you to go. I'm so happy that I'm out here...I never thought that I would have joy serving in Wyoming. This place is really pretty, I also work in a town called Story and it is covered in trees. 

We are teaching a retired lady who wanted to get away from California so she moved to this really awesome cabin style house in Story. She has committed to baptism which is really exciting! I really enjoyed feeling the Holy Spirit as we met with her. We also have a number of other people to work with--it's already a ton of work but it's worth it. My companion is great; his name is Elder Johnson and he reminds me a lot of my friend,Preston, and he is really easy to get along with.  Man, I have so much to say but I don't have any more time now.  Love you!

Elder Rasmussen

No comments:

Post a Comment